Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Latest





Here's the latest on the kids:

Evan and Ellena have a little cold. Yuck. Evan's colds tend to be a little congestion, but a LOT of coughs. Ellena seems to just have a non-stop runny nose. Ironically, I was just thinking a few days ago, how healthy Ellena has been. Of course, she then gets a cold. But this is only her second cold in her 11+ months. Pretty good. Here she is lying on the ground - she never lies on the ground. She just rolled over on her back and was lying there. You know she must be sick. But she started getting silly for the camera.




Just yesterday Ellena started crawling up on her knees. Very cool to watch the progression. But if she wants to get somewhere FAST, she drops down to her belly crawl.

I am always amazed at what she can comprehend. The other day she took the door stopper off the wall. I asked her, "Ellena, are you supposed to be playing with that?" She gave me a cheesy smile and shook her head No. She's very clear about her No head shakes and Yes head nods. Makes life pretty easy.

Yesterday she heard a car start up across the street. She stopped playing and started waving bye bye. Wow, this girl is a smarty. Of course, I'm her mom, I have to say that. ;)

Evan is growing up so fast. In the above pictures, you can see his new haircut. For a while there he was getting a bit shaggy. He is loving going over to Grandma's house and yesterday when I dropped him off, he got all snippy at me, "Don't come with me!" He wanted to walk to the door by himself. That little dude is growing up! And the attitude! Geez! He was talking to Grandma about going shopping for rockets. I asked him if he meant the rockets that he played with at the pool. His response was so sassy: "No, you weren't there, Momma. I was with Grandma at Target."

Oh yeah, and as you can see from the pics, Ellena likes climbing the stairs. I've had to bring out the gate for times that I need her on the bottom floor. And I now need to keep the bathroom door closed so that she doesn't play in the toilet. Ick.

No comments: