Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer School!



Evan and Ellena started summer school on July 19. It was a very exciting time for all of us, well, maybe not Evan - more on that later. This is the first school experience for Ellena where I drop her off and pick her up - previously, we would attend together. It really helped to have big brother in the same class - at drop off and pick up, they walk together and she does not have any abandonment/separation issues. We shall see how this changes in the fall when she attends alone while Evan starts Kindergarten! I am excited because it's been a long time since I've had alone time! I usually get to a gym class, but the last few weeks I've had neck pain and am taking it easy instead. Still nice to have some me-time!

Evan is the least excited about summer school. I think he's of the mindset where he's already finished Montessori school and is practically a Kindergartner, so why does he have to go to his old school again? When I tell him it's a school day (they only attend 2 times a week), he groans and gets huffy. This will rub off on Ellena because she does everything that Evan does. We've had talks about his negativity and it has improved a little in the last week.



Here are the kids at pick-up with their teacher, Mrs. Hoffman. Afterwards, I asked Ellena what her favorite part of school was. I could see the wheels turning in her head as she thought about it and she replied very seriously, "When you came to pick me up." Aww!

No comments: