Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oct 28


Evanisms:

* I have to admit, the control freak in me had a hard time adjusting to Evan going off to school and me not knowing exactly what he did there. I had all summer to get used to this and I ask him the same questions every day. So now I have a pretty good feel for what he does all morning. Sometimes he volunteers the information without my asking. Today he told me about an incident at recess. He said, "I boomed a girl down. I was playing too rough and she got sad. The teacher made me sit on the porch." So we had to have a little talk about that!

* I love seeing how my boy's brain works. He thinks about words and puts things together on his own. A blender blends. A diver dives. A teacher teaches. One day I was cleaning out the humidifier and he asked me what the filter was. I told him it's a filter. He said, "How does it filts?" Another example. We were reading about road machines and there was an asphalt mixer. He asked, "How does it asses?"

Ellenantics:

* Baby girl is doing well. She is such a happy, mellow girl and so pleasant to be around. She has the sweetest smiles and has started chatting up a storm! We can have conversations and she gets such a kick out of it.

* Today Ellena was fussing in her chair. I stepped out to take out the garbage and I overheard Evan say to her, "It's ok, Ellena. Momma will be right back. I'll take care of you."

Happy birthday, Grandpa Joe!

No comments: