Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Run-In, Literally

Today we had a little run-in at Target. I had both kids in the shopping cart, parked in the aisle. A woman was trying to push her cart past us. I couldn't move our cart out of the way fast enough cause Evan was standing up. So she ended up nudging our cart a little. Like a soft crash. A loud nudge. Get the idea? Not super hard, not super soft. She walks by and says, "Excuse me."

Evan looked at her and yelled, "HEY!" I told him, "It's ok, Evan."

Little dude was on a roll and said in a really sharp voice, "Say sorry!"

At the same time that I said, "It was an accident, Evan, chill out," the lady turned a little snippy and actually talked back to Evan! How silly is that?! She said, "Actually I already did." Okaayyy. I guess at least it's cool that Evan understands the concept of saying sorry...

1 comment:

Amy said...

That makes me giggle!
Go Evan!