Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tree Removal



Here is a spruce tree that was on the right side of our driveway. It was starting to lift our driveway and I wanted to clear its roots to lay a pathway on the side of the house. The professional opinion was that it needed to be removed.



I thought he was going to bring the crane to remove the tree, but I guess that's only for the REALLY big trees. :) So this dude went to town with just his chainsaw. Evan loved watching him in action!



The next day, he brought the stump grinder. More fun times for Evan.



Here's Evan with his chainsaw and Ellena, his assistant. Notice, Evan puts safety first - wearing a protective mask (really his snorkel and diving mask). But he let Ellena touch the saw blade with her fingers. Go figure.

I'll post pictures of the finished pathway later - they worked on it today! I can't wait to wheel out the trash this week! No bumpy roots to twist my ankle on!

No comments: