Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ellena-antics and One Evanism

The other day Pops complained about the twisted straps on Evan's carseat. The next day I went to buckle Evan in and the straps were not twisted. I exclaimed to Evan, "What's Poppa talking about?!" He then huffed out, "Oh Pops... he's such a... MAN!"

Ellena has a pair of maracas that are blue and green. She asks me what color they are and I purposely give her a wrong answer. She then cracks up and tells me the right answer. After this went on for a while, she finally said, "Momma, you're not very good at this game!"

I mistakenly addressed Ellena as "kiddo" - I think I usually save that for Evan. She exclaimed, "I'm not kiddo! I'm... (you could practically hear the wheels turning in her brain)... Sweet Ellena!"

I had a shirt with the Polo Ralph Lauren logo on it. Ellena was examining it and asked what it was. I explained that it was a man riding a horse and playing a game where he swings a stick to hit a ball. Ellena repeated it all back to me and then said, "That's not very safe!"

No comments: