Thursday, September 29, 2011

Big Day for Evan



Evan had a momentous day on Tuesday, Sept. 27. He lost his first tooth! It had been wiggling for quite some time and after going out for a sweet treat, he played with his tooth a little and showed me how it was barely hanging on. On our drive home, he said, "Mom, you are not going to believe this." "Did your tooth fall out?" "Yeah, and it's bleeding all over." So on our drive home, I'm passing kleenex to the backseat and by the time we get home (5 minutes max), the bleeding has stopped. He has mentioned that he hoped the tooth fairy would bring him a penny, so we gave him $5 and a penny. He woke up excited the next day and asked what I used to get from the tooth fairy. When I told him a quarter, he said, "When am I going to get a quarter?!" Uh, hello, you have $5!

The other big thing that happened that day was after school, Evan exclaimed with a big smile on his face, "Mom! I have a girlfriend!" Huh? He has never talked about girlfriends or anything like this before so I was a little floored. He said he played soccer with the boys and a little bit of tag with his girlfriend at recess. He couldn't remember her name, but recognized her when she walked out of school. When I asked him what having a girlfriend means he said, "Well, she's a girl and she's my friend." Ah, makes sense. But the way he talks about her with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes makes me think there might be a little something more there. :) You can be sure he doesn't talk about his buddies the same way!

No comments: