Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jan 26



Ellena is 6 months old today! I can't believe it! We are all doing great, although Pops is very ill at the moment. Yuck. It's hard on everyone - I'm sure he misses cuddling with the kids, and the Momma too. :)

Ellena is loving her solid food. She has had rice cereal, banana, avocado, sweet potato, oatmeal and yogurt. Next up, silken tofu. Evan loved this and continues to love tofu to this day. We shall see what the girl thinks. I'm also thinking mango, pear and apple soon...

She is getting stronger every day. She likes being propped up on the futon and watches us or plays with her friends. She also gets bored very quickly when I place her on her blanket looking into the kitchen. It's where she is a lot of the time, so she just wants a change in scenery. But I can't help it - if the dishes or cooking have to get done, it's the only place to put her! Sometimes I switch it up by wheeling in her high chair and buckling her in for a front row seat. She has been doing some scooching, but nothing major. She can also roll over and over and get places. Or she will roll to her tummy, roll back to her back - back and forth and stay in one place.

One of the funnest new things that she does is giggle. Before, she would only laugh when we tickled her. Now, she will laugh when she thinks something/someone is funny. Evan gets many chuckles out of her. For some reason, she thinks it's hilarious when he does his Jim Mora Coors Light 'Playoffs?!' commercial impersonation. "Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Playoffs? You kiddin' me? Playoffs?!" Classic.

Big, exciting news about Evan. He's been sleeping in BVDs at night! I take him to the potty before I go to bed and the rest of the night he goes on his own. What a big boy he is! I'm so proud of him! Now, he's telling me that Ellena has to stop wearing diapers too and go to the potty on her own. I told her she can't even crawl yet. So he said she should WALK to the potty. Duh, Momma.

Gung Hee Fat Choy, everyone!

No comments: