Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why She Cries

So besides the usual reasons why all babies cry (hungry, tired, overtired, dirty diaper, etc.) I've noticed a few interesting things about Ellena and her crying.

The other night while Evan was showering and Ellena was getting her bath, Evan had a meltdown and started bawling. I was watching Ellena's face and it seemed like she was trying to empathize with him and she started crying too. As if, because her brother was sad, she was sad too.

Yesterday Evan and Ellena woke up from their naps around the same time. Evan was being
sensitive and wanted me to carry him downstairs. I placed Ellena in her crib and told her that I would come right back for her. She watched me pick Evan up and turn my back on her. As we walked away from her, she started crying as if her feelings were so hurt and she didn't want to be left out. Heartbreaking!



Here's Ellena with her lovey - Lambie. Aunty Susan gave this to Ellena when she was born, but I only introduced it to her yesterday. And she loves it! I place it in with her carseat and she holds on to her and snuggles with her. So cute. To help Evan feel involved, so that he doesn't just take it away from her, I let him name her. He could choose between Sheepie and Lambie. And he went with Lambie. :)

1 comment:

Beth Butler said...

It just gets worse. What ever the big sibling is doing the little sister wants to do.