Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to the Gym

So it's been over a year, but I finally made it back to the gym today. Yay for me!

Ellena seems to be outgrowing her morning nap. I was a little bummed cause that was my only 2 hours of peace and quiet during the day - she slept and Evan was at school. I could get stuff done around the house, sew, or just veg. But Monday we had a turning point and I said, NO MORE MORNING NAPS! Ellena had a short AM nap and then had a huge meltdown during her afternoon nap. It took a half hour to just calm her down. So once I accepted the fact that it would be better for everyone if she didn't have a morning nap, I started freaking out on what we would do to stay occupied.

And then... ding! Duh, take her to the gym! She can get "socialized" in the child care room and I can work out. I was bracing for the worse, since Evan had some crying fits there (separation anxiety to the max). I checked her in and jumped on the Precor, expecting maybe a 15 minute run before they paged me over the intercom. Surprise, surprise, 45 minutes go by and I'm pretty tired. Go back for El and she's just hanging with the other kids. Yay for Ellena!

So I'm hoping to get to the gym 2-3 times a week once Evan is back in school and work off the extra poundage I brought back from HI. 5 lbs in 13 days? Not good. :) But sooo worth it. Local food, how I miss you...

No comments: