Monday, August 17, 2009

Ellena Cheesy Smiles







Ellena was in quite a silly mood the other day so I'm glad I had the camera nearby.

She has changed in so many ways, this last week or so. She has become very independent and enjoys going outside and exploring on her own. Prior to our trip just 2 weeks ago, we could set her on a blanket outside and she would just sit in one spot and play with a toy. Now she crawls all over (through grass, rocks, dirt, plants, it doesn't matter to her) and checks everything out. This morning Evan was outside but I didn't let her go out cause it was really wet on the ground. Ellena watched Evan from the sliding door and would hold out her shoes to me to tell me that she wanted to go out.

She also LOVES brushing her teeth. I think she feels so empowered to be doing something on her own. To tell us she wants to brush, she points to the sink, signs "more" and then runs her finger in her mouth. Wow, doesn't get much clearer than that.

Oh yeah, and I've still got more pics from our HI trip to put up, but I wanted to get this up before I forget.

No comments: