Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gymboree Shiner

Today is a day of firsts. It's my first blog post - yay! Hopefully, it will be something I will keep up with and Evan will have fun reading when he grows up.

Our other first - Evan got his first black eye. Poor dude. We were at Gymboree class and he tripped on the parachute. He landed face first on the edge of a tunnel and it immediately started to bruise. It's gotten bigger and bigger as the day goes on. Poor dude! Such a tough guy, though. There was the immediate stunned reaction and the cry of pain, but I was surprised how quickly he got over it. He tells me he got a 'big ouchie', but doesn't really complain much about it.

So a little about us... I'm a stay at home mom to Evan, a two year old cutie. :) My husband works hard for the money, but puts his family first and makes lots of time for us. His parents recently moved across country to be close to their second grandson and they've been such a big help! After almost 10 years of living in a place with no family, this is a nice change!

We (read, Evan) are anxiously awaiting Christmas. We put up the biggest Christmas tree we've ever had over the weekend. It stands about 10 feet tall and the topper clears the ceiling with about an inch to spare. Evan helped decorate, except the whole time I was saying, "Evan, no balls! No balls!" He would take the top off the glass ball ornaments and I was afraid he might cut himself. So we were at Target's Christmas section today and he points to the box of ornaments and says, "No balls, Evan." Such a funny dude.

No comments: