Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Rant on Bad Parkers

So I admit I'm not the best driver in the world. And yes, sometimes it takes me a couple tries to get in a parking space. But you will never find my car off-center in a parking space. I'm pretty anal about our car and try to keep it in good condition. But mostly, I try to park well as common courtesy and decency to others. I'm sad to say that many others in the area do not feel the same. And I'm talking about you, Plateau Mommies. You, driving your minivans and SUVs need to learn how to park! I don't know how you can turn into a stall, be on or over the line and call it good. It bugs me to no end! Cause you always choose to park next to me and pull that stunt. And of course it's on the side of Evan's carseat, so we need to go to the other side and maneuver through the backseat to get him buckled in.

Last Friday we were parked in a church for soccer class. The Lil' Kickers SUV was in a stall all by itself. I parked 2 over. When I come out after class, I find a minivan parked between us and inches from the line on my side! (And of course the rest of the parking lot was empty). And the mommy was sitting in the car, chatting on her cellphone. She came out a little while later and I was going to say something, but just gave her a nasty look instead. I was about to say something to another mommy who was in our soccer class and leaving at the same time. But then I notice that she was parked on the line in her stall!!! I couldn't believe it! Today we were leaving an appointment and a Lexus SUV was parked inches from the line next to me. I don't know how they find me.

So for all you bad parkers out there - Plateau Mommies - I know it's hard being a mom and there's lots going on in your mind. But please have a little consideration for others and learn how to park. If it takes you one, two, three tries, at least get off my line!

No comments: