Thursday, January 17, 2008

E - I - E - I - O

Today Evan and I had lunch at a little cafe by Target. We did a Gymboree make-up class and Target run and decided to try a new restaurant out for lunch. We were surprised to find the place packed at 11:00. We took a seat at the counter and moved to a table a few minutes later.

During our meal, one of the other patrons kept doing this low cough/clearing their throat thing. I assumed it was the elderly woman in the wheelchair with the oxygen tank strapped to the back of it. Whenever Evan heard it, he said, "What that, Momma?" I told him someone was coughing. Come to find out, it was this 30-something woman who was getting over a cold. At one point, Evan copied it by doing a low growl. It was pretty funny.

An elderly man came in later and took a seat at the counter. He was wearing a cowboy hat and flannel shirt and Evan exclaimed, "Old MacDonald!" We had a good laugh at that one.

No comments: