Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28 Evanisms

My parents came to town and are having the pleasure of experiencing all that is Evan. Here are some conversations we've had together.

* Evan regularly looks through toy catalogs with his other grandma to decide what toys they will get. Today, sitting with my mom, Evan pointed to a toy and said, "Grandma get this for Evan?"

*My dad jumped into the conversation and said, "I don't think so... you were a little fussy after nap..." Without missing a beat, Evan replied, "I'm not fussy, I'm GOOD!"

* I explained to them that Evan regularly sits with his other grandma and looks at toys. My mom said, "And Evan, what does Grandma say to that?" Evan replied, "'Okay!'" Simple as that!

* You know those Bill Martin/Eric Carle books, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear? Evan likes to recite some of the lines from the books at random times. Today was the first time he made some up and it was classic. It went a little something like this: "Boa Constrictor, Boa Constrictor, what do you hear? I hear Poppa snoring in my ear!"


1 comment:

Beth Butler said...

That last one is great.