Monday, March 10, 2008

"Phone Conversation" with Uncle Stu

Today we were at "school." It's a parent ed. program run through BCC, where we get together once a week. There are many stations for Evan to explore and different things to play with. Every other week, I and half of the other parents meet and discuss a topic related to raising a toddler. Evan checks on me from time to time during class, but mostly plays on his own without me. This was our goal for the class - for Evan to have some separation from me to prepare him for preschool.

Today Evan had a play cell phone. I asked who he was talking to. He said, "Uncle Stu." Here's the one sided conversation I overheard:

"Hello. Hi Uncle Stu... Where are you? You at home? You in Hawaii? I'm at school... I'M AT SCHOOL! (said as if he couldn't be heard.) I'll be home later... I'LL BE HOME LATER! (must be a bad connection.) Ok, good bye."

Evan went through this same conversation a few times. It was too funny.

No comments: