Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Diego

After over a year of the Backyardigans, Evan has found a new show that he enjoys - Go, Diego Go! We watch it together and I must say, I'm learning a few things about animals... and Spanish. ha!

The other day, Evan came walking into the room and said, "Hola, amigos! I'm at the Animal Rescue Center!" I just cracked up.

He's a pretty observant guy and notices that Diego wears his rescue pack slung across his body like a messenger bag. So Evan puts things (necklaces, lei, anything he can wear) around himself and says it's his rescue pack.

Evan has asked to be Diego for Halloween. I remember one of my former co-workers talking about her grandson picking something to dress up as and then constantly changing his mind, all the way up to Halloween. I was worried about making a costume for Evan and then he change his mind. However, I think Evan is set in his ways, at least for this Halloween. Back in May, we got a bug catcher for his cousin's birthday. Now that Evan's birthday is coming up, he's asked for a bug catcher too. So I've started working on the costume and we shall see how it turns out. :) We are still trying to figure out what Ellena will be for Halloween. We figure, for this year and probably next year, she can be Evan's sidekick. And then after that, all bets are off - I'm sure she'll have a strong opinion of what she'll be for Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting..! Halloween has gone far beyond the traditions. People have become very creative making it one of the most exciting celebration of the year.