Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grouchy Momma

Evan has started waking up in the middle of the night. I don't mind too much if I'm up anyway, feeding Ellena. But if it's during the rare moment when I'm getting some much needed rest, I get very grouchy. Especially if he doesn't need anything and he's just doing it for attention. Last night, he was up at 3:45 and then again at 6:00, 6:20 and 6:40. I was not pleased. Then, Ellena was up and I was officially done with sleeping. Err...

So every morning, I sing a song to Ellena when she wakes up. It goes like this:

"When Ellena wakes up in the morning, she always says good day. When Ellena wakes up in the morning, she always says good day. Ehhhh, ehhhhh, that is what she says. Ehhhh, ehhhh, that is what she says."

I repeat it with what Piko, Poki, and Evan says. For Evan, he says, "Momma, where are you" and "Poppa, where are you".

Today, after our crummy morning together, Evan wanted to sing the song to Ellena. This is his rendition:

"When Evan wakes up in the morning, he always says good day. Momma where are you? (Then, in a really gruff voice) Go back to sleep! That is what he says."

His second verse went like this:

"When Momma wakes up in the morning, she always says good day. (Again, in the gruff voice) Go back to sleep! That is what she says."

Hopefully he will sleep through tonight. Having Grouchy Momma around the house is NO FUN, Evan can attest to that!

1 comment:

ForresterMom said...

oh you poor momma! Hope you get to nap while evan is at school!