Thursday, September 11, 2008

School Talks

When Evan comes home from school, we always have a conversation about what he did that day. He tells me about the "work" he's done (Montessori lingo) as well as the snack they served and anything else that happened. Last night I asked him to name his friends. Here's our chat:

Evan: Goshwash.

Momma: Is Joshua still going to your school?

Evan: No, he goes to a different school now.

Now his tone changes to this high pitched, fakey-sad voice: Evan hasn't seen him in a long time. That's so sad... I miss him. He hasn't been in school all week. That's sad... I miss my buddy...

At this point I'm in tears from laughing so hard.

Today Evan asked to watch his school on the webcam while eating breakfast. I pulled it up, but no one was there. Evan said, "Maybe my teachers are sleeping at school. They are tired from walking around and helping the kids."

No comments: