Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Evanisms

* Today Evan had this to say after our trip to Costco: "I don't like angry faces, loud noises or shopping carts. I only like food." I asked him, "What about trees? There are some happy trees out there." He replied, "I only like food... and some trees and witches."

* Evan built a train out of his tent tubes. He said the train was going to Hawai'i... And then he whispered to me that the train was going to Barack Obama.

* Evan had his dust pan and brush and was scrubbing at a puddle in the kitchen. I asked him where the water came from. Here's our convo:

Evan: It's not real water. It's pretend water.

Momma: No, it's not pretend water. It's real water. Where did you get it from?

Evan: It's a secret.

(Side note - Poppa always tries to sneak Evan treats behind my back and tells him it's a secret. Err. Well, it looks like the concept is sinking in, in a bad way! No more secrets, Pops!)

Momma: No, it's not a secret. Tell me where you got the water from.

Evan: Huuhhh... (HUGE sigh that said to me, Gawd, Mom, you're so uncool. Just let me have my secrets.)

Evan: I got it from the bathroom sink.

* Evan told Poppa, "Ellena doesn't look like Ellena anymore. (I agree; her looks are changing.) She look like Asian girl!"

No comments: