Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some New Gems

Courtesy of Evan (his tude was on a roll yesterday.) Mind you, all of this has come out of my mouth once or twice and he's just using it against me now.

* Evan was eating lunch and dropped a chip on the ground. I asked him to pick it up and he said, "My hands are dirty! How do you expect me to do that?"

* Evan looks at my expression and asks me throughout the day, "Are you happy or tired?" (My answer is usually 'both.') One time I answered that I was using the bathroom. He said, "That wasn't my question. I asked if you were happy or tired."

* Pops was leaving for work and saying goodbye. Evan asked if he wanted to take an orange with him. Then he called out to me, "Momma, get Poppa an orange!" Nice guy!

* Evan got a water gun from his friends' birthday party this weekend. He LOVES it! Poppa's rule was to play with it only in the shower - no water outside of the shower. Evan was downstairs pretending to clean with his gun. He then called out, "Momma, where are you?" I told him I was in the kitchen. He snuck into the bathroom and I heard him turn on the water. I walked over to check it out and found him filling his water gun. Exactly what he knew he wasn't supposed to do. So he had a time out, a talk about doing things that he knows is wrong, and no water gun at last night's shower. Later that day, he said, "Momma, I don't like when you punish me." Yup, that's kinda the point, dude.

Side note - a mild cold leading to pressure in my head, leading to severe headache pain behind my eye, leading to severe pain in my teeth equals CT scan and diagnosis that three of my sinuses are infected and I'll be starting antibiotics! Yippee!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Poor mama! sinus infections are yucky! I hope you are taking advantage of Ellena's naps while Even is at school. Get some zzzzs!

I love these conversations/replies you post from Evan. Hilarious. What a guy.