Friday, February 13, 2009

Top 10 for the Week of Feb 8



Our buddies, Wendy and Isabel, emailed us their Top 10 list last week and I thought that was such a cool idea, that I would incorporate it into the blog. However, last week, sad to say, was a pretty crummy week for us. We were ALL sick and not in the best of spirits. So nothing fun and exciting to report last week. So I have compiled our top 10 for this week. But I can't really prioritize one being better than another, so unlike Letterman, they are all of equal importance. :) Hope to stick with it!

* On Tuesday I went to school with Evan. His teacher asked for help for their Valentine project. I helped some of the kids make valentine cards for their parents. Out of a bunch of hearts, they put together a fish! Evan's class is currently learning about fish, so what a creative way to tie it all together. I love going to school with Evan to see him interacting with his friends. What a treat!

* After naptime on Tuesday, we went to our friends' house, Rebecca and Emily, to meet with the Mommy group. It was so nice to see them and just hang out. The kids go off and do their own thing. Isabel dressed up as Cinderella, Emily was Ariel and Evan was Belle. Yup, my son dressed up as a princess. And, the worst part - he didn't want to take it off! :)

* Tuesday was extra busy, I guess! After play group, Emily came over to have dinner, play and take a bath while Rebecca had a last minute work appointment. The kids had a blast! Luckily, we had lots of help with my brother and in laws over. Can't imagine having three kids. Wow! The funniest part was when Rebecca picked Emily up. She knocked on the door and Emily dashed to the door. I followed her, yelling, "Ask who it is first! Don't just open the door!" Instead, Emily faced me and blocked the door. When I went to open the door, she dashed upstairs and jumped into Evan's bed. She insisted that she was sleeping and couldn't go home. It was priceless. I guess she really enjoyed herself! Evan has been asking to have Emily come back again.

* As I mentioned earlier, we all had a cold. This is Ellena's first cold and she's being a trooper, but you can tell she wasn't feeling well. She was not very interested in eating and she was very congested. Poor thing. But we are all getting over it - yay! Evan brought this home from school - he said Olivia made him sick. Err, Olivia!

* Because El has been feeling crummy, she has been pretty serious. Just this past Wednesday, I finally heard her laugh again, after a week of seriousness/grumpiness/whining. So that was a definite highlight!

* We received a box filled with valentine treats from Aunty Kay and Uncle Bob. The kids are so lucky!

* Ellena has started really interacting with others and it has been so fun to watch. She will reach out and touch Evan and start squealing in delight. She did the same thing to Poki yesterday. She uses a different voice than her usual babble - too cute.

* Evan continues to do well with his BVDs at night - yay! After talking with our pediatrician, I no longer wake Evan up to take him to the bathroom before I go to bed. She said I'm messing with his brain that triggers him to wake up to go to the potty by himself. But I think Evan liked my coming in to see him at night, so our new thing is that I give him a kiss before I go to bed. Good compromise. We're so proud of the big boy!

* We got two special deliveries yesterday! The first was "a hundred blooms" from Pops - awww! Evan asked if he could take one to school for sharing. And he took that one and another one to soccer to give to his coaches. They were quite tickled. So I now have 98 roses, a happy Evan and 2 happy soccer coaches. Thanks, Pops! As always, too much! The second package was our side steps for the truck, which will get installed next week or so. After missing FedEx yesterday, he came back that afternoon and tried again! Nice! Thanks, FedEx!

* Right now, the kids are napping, I'm attempting a new recipe - mango custard pie, we're having an easy dinner, and THE SUN IS OUT! All is right with the world.

No comments: