Sunday, September 6, 2009

Imelda



Growing up, we would call people who loved shoes "Imelda Marcos," in reference to the Philippine president's wife who had a passion for shoes. I'll admit, I used to be an "Imelda." And I believe Ellena will be following in my footsteps...

Because she's not walking yet, I haven't really gone on a shoe binge for her. We were given a pair of shoes that she would wear whenever she played outside. If she wanted to go out to play, she would sit by her shoes and hold them up for us to see.

Her first pair got kinda beat up, so she started wearing some new Stride Rites. They are maybe a week old and still clean and shiny. But when we went to the Nike Outlet, she tried on a pair and we decided to get it for her. At checkout, Ellena started getting all huffy in the stroller and tried to take her "old" shoes off. She insisted on wearing her NEW Nikes out! OMG!

No comments: