Friday, September 11, 2009

Pops, the Public Restroom, and Words to Live By

Pops has a thing against public restrooms. He hates them... with a passion. I can get him to take Evan to pee, at least, cause he won't let Evan touch anything. But when it comes to #2, there is no way, no how that Pops is taking Evan. And that means I'll be on potty duty for Ellena for both #1 and #2 cause she has to sit on the seat. Ugh!

Just some background info to set up my story: This past weekend we met up with our friends, Amy, Isaac and Elyse at Kidz Bounce. The boys had so much fun bouncing around and wrestling (including Pops). Boys! When it was done, I asked Isaac if he wanted to go to the potty with Pops and Evan. Pops and Ev did their business at the urinal but Isaac insisted on taking the stool to the stall. Pops thought he just liked using the stall instead of the urinal. Ok, whatever. Then Isaac dropped the bomb, literally. "I have to poop." That's when Pops sent Evan out to get Amy - "Isaac has to poop!" Amy went over to help her son, but he refused to go with her. He insisted Pops had to help him. Ha! So he does his business and the whole time Pops is thinking, "I don't use a public restroom and I don't even take my own son to a public restroom!" But Isaac left us with some words to live by:

"My mom says if you don't wipe your bottom, it gets itchy."

Classic!

2 comments:

Beth Butler said...

ha ha. go Isaac. Brian also hates public bathrooms, he says they are GROSS

Amy said...

That's my boy!
So sorry for traumatizing Tommy!