Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Evan-tude


The attitude coming out of Evan is definitely up a notch. A lot of it he's picked up from me (oops!) but its so funny to hear it come out of his mouth. Some gems:

* If I can't hear/understand what Evan said, I ask him to repeat it. Sometimes, he gets frustrated and repeats his answer, but tacks on "I SAID!" So it comes out, "I don't want anything more to eat, I SAID!"

* Same situation as above... Now, he tacks on, "How many times do I have to say it?!"

* Yesterday, Evan was cutting paper over the trash can. I was playing with Ellena and every so often I would look over and remind him, "Evan, focus on your cutting! Don't cut your fingers! Be careful!" I guess I said it a little too much. He finally burst out, "Stop saying that over and over!"

* Last night, Poppa was fooling around and threw Ellena's sock at Evan instead of the laundry basket. Evan replied, "I guess Santa's not bringing you any presents!!!"

* When Evan does something naughty, I sometimes get exasperated and just give him a look. Now, he's learned this look and throws it back at me, to the 100th degree. And usually throws in a growl for good measure.



No comments: