Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Silly Momma

Yesterday we were leaving Kids Quest after meeting up with our buddies. It was raining, I was getting soaked, and I was trying to get everyone and everything loaded into the car as fast as possible.

Step 1: Unlock car and have Evan climb up into his car seat.

Step 2: Unbuckle Ellena from the stroller and plop her into the car.

Step 3: Break down stroller and load into trunk.

Step 4: Jump into car, buckle up and start car.

Step 5: Start up iPod and put car in reverse. Look back to make sure the coast is clear. That's when Evan stops me and says, "Momma, you didn't buckle ME in!!!"

OOPS!

Step 6: Put the car back in park, jump out and buckle Evan in.

Step 7: Jump back into car and leave the parking lot.

Here's the kicker - the convo Evan and I have after this incident.

Evan: Silly Momma! How come you forgot to buckle me in?

Momma: Oops, I forgot. Momma is SO silly!

Evan: Momma, you're an idiot. (He seriously called me an idiot.)

Momma: No, Momma's not an idiot. I just forgot. That's not a nice word.

Ok, so I need to watch what I say when I drive... Obviously, someone is picking up naughty words from me - I can recall a few times using that word when people did dumb things on the road. Oops...

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh my goodness. hilarious.
yes i need to watch what i say when i drive too!

ForresterMom said...

this sounds like something that has happened in our car! But I love that are big guys won't let us drive away without buckling them in!