Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update - Dec 4



How did it get to be December??? I blanked and only today got out my first of the month checks - mortgages, etc. Slacker lady is back.

So an update...

Sunday was the day from hell. I took the two kids to go grocery shopping and it was the first time that I've had to ask the store to find my son. That was the absolute worst feeling. Evan kept wandering off and I was looking for presents for a family we "adopted". When I told him it was time to go, he walked off and I was trying to maneuver the shopping cart (and Ellena) through the aisles. After a minute of frantic searching and calling his name (which he doesn't usually ignore), I had to ask an employee for help. They quickly alerted all the staff and he was returned to me in a minute - he had wandered off to the seafood section. But, the thoughts that were going through my head in those five minutes were the worst!

That evening I did a dumb thing and micro-ed water in a non-micro safe cup. I ended up burning my thumb and middle finger (2nd degree burns) and went to Urgent Care to get treated. Also needed to get a long-overdue tetanus shot, just in case - lovely! Thank goodness for 24-hr Walgreens pharmacy to fill my prescriptions! So luckily, I'm healing relatively quickly and the pain went away after the first night - seriously, the pain from the shot lasted longer than the burn pain. But I still have my fingers bandaged up, to protect it and Pops stayed home Monday and Tuesday, cause I can barely change a diaper and hold a bottle. I feel so useless!

But, besides that, we are all doing well and can't believe how quickly Christmas is approaching... Ahh!

2 comments:

ForresterMom said...

aww...you poor momma. Hope your back on the mend after all your ordeals!

Amy said...

oh my goodness sorry to hear about your rough start to the week! OUCH! we invested in a $200 hot water tap at our kitchen sink and it was the best thing we've ever done. hot tea & cocoa in an instant and its so handy with cooking. highly recommend it. take care, hope your mall visit went well today!