Monday, February 11, 2008

Evan's First Experience with Hide & Seek

Today we tried to play Hide & Seek for the first time. It was quite hilarious!

We were in the kitchen together and Evan ran off saying he's going to hide from me. I went to look for him and called out, "Where's Evan?"

He popped his head out of the bathroom and said, "In the bathroom!"

I told him that when we're playing a hiding game, he can't tell me where he is - I have to look for him. I gave him the count-to-10 rule and then I would come look for him. As I started counting, Evan ran off to hide, counting along with me! That's going to give away his position...

I shouted out, "Ready or not, here I come!" And Evan came running at me to give me a big hug! I told him he has to stay hidden and I will come find him. So we tried it again.

This time he stayed in place, but he "hid" in the middle of his playroom, fully exposed. He thought it was so funny.

The next time he chose to hide a little further away, along the far wall of the playroom on the heat vent - again fully exposed. We gave this game a break, but I think the next time he will really catch on. Every time it got progressively better!

No comments: