Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lil' Worker Bee

Today we were standing in front of the coat closet, choosing a jacket to wear since the house was feeling chilly. Evan's rain boots were there and he looked up at me and gave me a sly grin. He slid his boots on and I didn't think anything of it. Later we were in the kitchen and I noticed that he still had his boots on. I said, "Evan, please take off your boots. We don't wear shoes in the house."

He left the room and about 3 minutes later comes back. He told me, "Evan going to work. That's why Evan needs Evan's boots on." I didn't think I heard him correctly. "What? You're going to work?" "Yes, Evan going to work." He left the room again.

Then I hear his toy drill in the other room. He came back to the kitchen and said, "Evan building Evan's boots."

I asked him again to take off his shoes. He ran back to the other room and I hear his boots falling on the ground. Then I hear him getting frustrated about something, so I go and check on him. He is sitting on one of his ride-ons, which is parked in the corner. He can't get out of the corner by himself. He said, "Evan stuck. Evan needs to go to work."

No comments: