Sunday, May 4, 2008

Alone Time

Today I got to have alone time. This is a relatively new experience for me and all went quite well. I had a baby shower to attend (brunch at Salty's) so Pops and Grandma took Evan to the Aquarium. They were planning on visiting the zoo, but when given the choice, the diver man will always win. Sounds like they had fun - saw TWO diver men, lots of kids activities (I guess the first Sunday of the month is special) and treats, of course. Pops mentioned that Evan asked for me a couple times but when reminded that I was eating lunch, he brushed it off and went on with his business. Nice! My little dude is growing up!

When I arrived at the restaurant, I got a call from Evan. He wanted to tell me that they were eating lunch at Crabpot. Yummy! He sounded so calm and content that I could really enjoy myself with the other mommies. Fun times for all!

I'm hoping I can do more of these getaways (with Pops, too!) to help Evan make the adjustment to life with Lil' Babe. It was just the morning, but I really missed the little guy and had a hard time switching off "Mom Mode." A couple things I had to remind myself of: can't drive in the carpool lane and don't have to look for food that Evan and I can eat together at the restaurant. Doesn't help that Evan got a haircut last night, but when we were playing together this afternoon and he was chatting away, I couldn't help thinking how much he grew up in that one morning.

No comments: