Saturday, May 17, 2008

The WWW... It's 24/7, you know...

I think it's crazy that Evan is growing up with so much technology in his life. Whenever he asks me a question and I don't know the answer to it, we look it up online. So it's crazy to think about this little dude whose vocabulary includes: online, computer, download, Internet, etc. Here are some examples:

The Mommy group was recently chatting about YouTube and how useful it is. Addie wanted to see a kangaroo, so they pulled it up on YouTube. Evan likes to watch the car wash, so we have a clip favorited.

Evan has a Hawaiian picture dictionary. It shows the parts of the body and their translation in Hawaiian. For some reason, it didn't include "mouth," so I had to look it up online. Now, every time we name our body parts in Hawaiian, Evan says "mouth - waha, Momma had to look it up on the computer."

When Evan asks to watch Thomas the Tank Engine, I tell him he had enough TV. He tells me, "I want to watch it on the computer." Cause it's different from TV...

When Evan asked to watch something else that we don't have on TV or DVD, he said, "Poppa has to download it."

If he's craving some YouTube, but our Internet is down, Evan will say, "Can't watch it. The Internet is broken/The computer is broken."

No comments: