Monday, November 17, 2008

Getting Older and Regressing At The Same Time

So I have to admit, the years are flying by and I'm not really "feeling" it. I still feel pretty young (young at heart, I guess?) but my age, as a number, sounds much older than I feel. I guess that's a good thing. I remember when I just finished high school, I was teaching sewing to 5th grade girls. One of them was talking about her mom and she said in the most horror-filled voice, "My mom still shops in the 'Generation' section (think Forever 21 of our island's department store) and wears Bongo jeans!" I cracked up. But now that I have little Ellena, I'm wondering, am I going to be THAT mom? :) And then, with horror, I realize that those little 5th graders that I taught are now finishing up college and then I realize how the time has flown by. Yikes!

And not to overcompensate on youth, but there are definitely some "teeny bopper" stuff that I'm into... My guilty pleasure is Gossip Girl and I've just become obsessed with the Twilight series books (Thanks, Charkie!). Pops mentioned that he heard that age-wise, 39 is the new 29. So I looked at him and said, "Oh good. So does that then make me 19? And now, I'm just 2 years outside the range of the Twilight target audience, instead of twelve??"

No comments: