Monday, November 17, 2008

Nov 17



Here's Evan tickling Ellena to get her to smile. They crack me up!

An update: Ellena continues to be such a sweetie. She is so pleasant to be around! Sometimes, she gets cranky and I take a look in her mouth - so much easier to do when she's crying, unfortunately. And no kidding, it looks like her bottom 2 teeth are just under her gums. I think Evan's first teeth popped out around 5 months. Ellena is almost 4 months old. It may take another month to finally make an appearance, but I'm pretty sure I'm seeing teeth on the girl. Oh my!

Today I put her in her crib for her afternoon nap. After 5-10 minutes, I hear her crying. I go in to check on her and she's wide awake and her poor leg is "stuck" between the crib slats. It wasn't stuck-stuck, but I'm sure if she tried to wiggle it, it would seem stuck to her.

Must be a girl thing: We've noticed that Poki and Ellena have a little rivalry going on. Not sure what it can be attributed to, except that they are being catty... ha ha, get it?! Poki has always been pretty patient with Evan and will let him snuggle up to her (if she's in the mood, of course.) But with Ellena, Poki gets a little combatant and strikes back rather quickly. We have no fear for Ellena's safety, but it's just such a different response that Poki is showing to the two kids.

We keep asking Evan if he's ready to sleep over at Grandma's house. I think it's safe to say that no, he is not ready... yet. His response is always, "Maybe tomorrow..."

A special treat for Evan - our neighbors are having their roof done so Evan gets to watch the roofer man in action!

1 comment:

Beth Butler said...

That is the sweeetest picture of your dolls.