Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stranger Danger

Today I took Ellena to her 4-month wellness check-up. I was very surprised when my sweet angel (who never hesitates to throw around her smiles and charm everyone around her) had a huge crying fit with the nurse. And then with the doctor. And then with the nurse again when she came back to give the shots. The hardest that Ellena has ever cried before today... Imagine that times 10. Seriously, she's never cried so hard before. Nothing could calm her down, she was screaming, tears were flowing, she was turning red and sweaty - oh my!

And I'm sure our doctor gets this a lot, but I had nothing else to say but, "She's never done this before!"

So our doctor was saying it's stranger anxiety, but it's just setting in a couple months earlier than usual. And she was convinced that shows how smart Ellena is. So we'll take it. But I'm a little nervous about Ellena having a meltdown when strangers stop us on our errands to smile at her. They may not be expecting her reaction!

No comments: