Monday, July 7, 2008

A Fluke?

After such a rough night last night, we were determined to change Evan's ways tonight. Here are some of the "brilliant" things we did:

* We talked about why he had a hard time last night. Evan said it was because his birdies turned off (it goes off automatically). I told him he can walk over and turn them back on by himself. He countered that he couldn't put his blanket back on by himself. I told him he could and that he's been practicing.

* I didn't push for an 8:30 bedtime. It was closer to 9 when we first tried to tuck him in. Maybe he just doesn't get tired at 8:30 anymore? We shall see what a little later bedtime does for the little man.

* Throughout the day, every chance I got, I snuggled with Evan. Hopefully that extra snuggling would make him less clingy when it was time to sleep.

* I changed his bedtime routine a smidge. I added in extra snuggle time. Pops and I made an "Evan sandwich" and we just held each other and gave oodles of kisses to the little man.

* Pops had a little pep talk with Evan. Don't know what was discussed.

* I stayed strong. Evan tried to use some stall tactics, but I put my foot down and told him to "GO TO SLEEP! And I love you!"

He did not come out of his room tonight and we shall see if he gets a good night sleep. So, was tonight a fluke? Or was last night the fluke??? I guess we'll see how tomorrow night goes! Never a dull moment here! I know, my life is so hard.

No comments: