Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reflecting

As time continues to fly by (countdown: 9 days - single digits, baby!), I started reflecting on what I will miss about being pregnant and what I won't miss at all.

What I Will Miss:

I have been pretty lucky to have some relatively "easy" pregnancies. I love being pregnant. I'm relatively comfortable, the babes seem healthy and there are some nice things about just being pregnant. Here's what I'll miss...

* Feeling the baby move inside is always comforting. Maybe not in the middle of the night when I'm just trying to get some sleep, but otherwise it's really soothing, knowing my little one is kicking around in there.

* Having control over my schedule. Lil' Babe eats, sleeps, etc. without my knowing and I'm not a slave to her demands... yet.

* Alone time with Evan. Lil' Babe will no doubt turn our world upside down. I'll miss having our quiet snuggle times, reading endless books, or just chatting about anything and everything that goes on in that enormous brain of his.

* Some super powers. This time around, not so super, just semi-super. With Evan, my lactose intolerance was totally conquered. Crazy, huh. But it's still milder now than when I'm not pregnant.

What I Won't Miss:

* Sleeping on my side. Packing away the snoogle pillow and just being comfortable sleeping on my back!

* The back aches. I've been using a back support which has helped, but it's still there at the end of the day. Ouch!

* The hot flashes. I am so hot this time around.

* Not fitting into my clothes. I've already outgrown some maternity clothes, for heaven's sake. I basically have two choices for shorts right now.

* And thought I'd throw this in: What Poppa won't miss: my snoring at night! :)

No comments: