Saturday, July 19, 2008

Loose Ends

It's our last weekend before Lil' Babe gets here and we are busy tying up loose ends. This morning we went to Babies R Us to pick up a swing. A few days ago we brought out all of Evan's old gear that was stored in our closet. Come to find out, his swings weren't too swing-y. They moved, but just barely. So we checked out our options at the baby store and found 2 that were clearanced out. One was stationary and one was portable. We picked up both and found out that our old portable swing still works quite well - you just have to give it a little nudge to get it going. :) So our plan is to keep the old portable and new portable (one for upstairs and one for downstairs). We'll then return the new stationary swing when we have a free moment - ha!

We also tried out some double strollers. Evan got a kick out of these test drives. He started pretending he was at the bus station and that Pops was driving the bus to pick him up. They would do laps around the aisle. Very cute. We're going to hold off on purchasing the stroller for now and see if we really need it. Especially with Evan in school in the mornings, I'm not sure if we really need a two-seater. Who knows, I could be running back to the store next week!

Big plans this week: Pedicure, last OB appointment, pack my hospital bag, cook some meals to freeze, get some extra snuggles from the whole fam (including kitties!), finish a couple sewing projects and then pack away the machines for a year!, and sneak in some naps if I can manage it. Oh, and hopefully make a stop at Nordstrom to pick up Evan's Anniversary Sale shoes - and I may need to get a pair for myself. Like the last pregnancy, it feels like my feet grew another half size! Very exciting for me - so I guess I just need to have three more kids and I'll finally have normal-sized feet! Yeah right!

No comments: