Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Honeymoon is OVER!

No, I'm not talking about me and Pops. This is the phrase that Evan's school is using to describe his change in behavior. I'd say the first three weeks went by blissfully. Evan was excited about going to school and barely looked back when I dropped him off. Suddenly, he is very sad at school and asks for me throughout the morning. This morning he kept insisting he didn't want to go to school. He was ok in the car, but as soon as we pulled into the drive, he got very upset. It was the first rocky drop-off to date. Poor little dude. I did use the director's suggestion of having a picture of the three of us that he could bring out when he got sad. I think it helped a little, but did not stop the tears. We just have to stick with it and hope that this phase will pass quickly. The school staff have been very supportive and give Evan the attention he needs. They said it's a very common phase and once over it, he'll not want to LEAVE school!

No comments: