Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21 Evanisms

Evan has started noticing differences in the limits we each set (what he can and cannot do.) And he's started calling us out on this, which can be pretty funny at times. Some examples:

* When Evan wanted a temporary tattoo, he wanted to get his scissors and cut the tattoo out himself. On separate occasions, both Pops and I refused to let him cut it and told him we would cut it out for him. He replied, "But Uncle Stu lets Evan cut it out..."

* Today Evan was going down the stairs and said that he wanted to jump down. I told him no and that it wasn't safe to jump on the stairs. He said, "Poppa lets Evan jump on the stairs." I think he meant only on the last step, but still!

* I can't remember the other incident (preggo brain) but he basically told Pops, "When you are at work, Momma lets me do it."

The other night we were reading a story together. It's pretty long, so we tend to skip around to make it shorter. I happened to choose one caption at naptime and Pops chose a different caption to read at bedtime. Evan was expecting to hear what I read to him earlier in the day and he said, "Momma, you read it. Poppa doesn't know how!" Ouch!

No comments: