Friday, June 26, 2009

11 months!



Today Ellena is 11 months old - and it also happens to be my big 3-oh. Special day, I know. Ellena is now cruising along tables, couches, bathtubs, anything she can pull up on. She is getting faster with her low army crawl. And she can eat everyone under the table. Dang, this girl can EAT. We also started her on whole milk last week and she's getting pretty good about drinking from a cup. She has not really gotten the hang of sippy cups, and seems to prefer regular cups. Like a true baby/toddler, she is excellent about taking things out of boxes, but not so great about putting things back in. :) And the things that she can comprehend sometimes blow me away. She somehow understands phrases that mean someone is leaving the room, so she knows to wave bye bye. She also knows that when I grab my bag and keys, that we are leaving and she waves bye bye. Ellena also gets into her snuggly moods and she will cuddle up to Evan - very cute.



Yesterday Ellena fought her afternoon nap. She would squirm and then be quiet, squirm and then be quiet. Usually when she fights a nap, she will howl non-stop. So I wasn't sure what she was doing (a video baby monitor would be so handy right now!) We were heading out to go bowling, so I figure, if she's not going to sleep, we might as well go. When I went in, I found her passed out (finally!), with two books in her crib. This was done by reaching through the slats and dragging them into her crib. Needless to say, she was quite cranky when I woke her up.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Happy Birthday Em! Welcome to the club! :-)