Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza - Part Deux

Today we went to Seattle and walked around the market and had lunch at my favorite place, Wild Ginger. It was nice that my brother could join us in our little adventure.

The market was a mess - tons of people. I never bought from the roasted nut vendor before (across from the newstand), but we got some tasty caramel cashews and lemon pepitas. Yum. I've also never bought anything from the candy shop - Rocky Mountain, but have always admired their tasty displays from outside. Today we went in and from all the appealing dipped marshmallows (which are one of Evan's favorite treats) and apples, he chose dark chocolate covered cherries. Go figure.


Lunch was amazing, as usual. Kids ate up and they had the leftovers for dinner - I am still stuffed from lunch and am skipping dinner tonight. :) Got home, El took a nice, long afternoon nap and I got to do some sewing. What a terrific day!





1 comment:

kanani7 said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you were spoiled:)
Kanani