Monday, June 22, 2009

Late Night Shenanigans

Last week we had some late night shenanigans with Evan. Pictures would have topped this post off perfectly, but I didn't want Evan to feel like I would photograph him in embarassing situations, especially in sleep. That, and we didn't have a camera handy...

The first shenanigan: We put Evan down and maybe half an hour later he came out complaining about being hot and sweaty. We try not to go back into his room as much as possible so that he doesn't keep inventing new excuses to get our attention. So we told him to put on shorts. He insisted he was too tired to do that. But we countered that he wasn't too tired to come out of his room and complain. So he went back to bed. When I went to check on him before my bedtime, I was almost in tears from laughing so hard. Evan put on shorts alright - OVER his pajama pants! Ha ha! I guess he really was too tired to think straight.

The second shenanigan: Evan has a turtle puppet that can tuck its head and arms into its shell. He was playing with this before we tucked him in. After a bit, he came out very upset, complaining that his turtle's head is upside down. We told him to either fix it himself or don't worry about it. When I went to give him a kiss before I went to bed, I saw what he meant. He had pulled the turtle's head all the way through the body and out the backside... and indeed, the head was upside down. I fixed the poor, mangled turtle and left him with Evan.

No comments: