Thursday, April 3, 2008

April 3 Evanisms

Happy April! Just four short (ha!) months til the arrival of Lil' Babe!

Now, to the Evanisms...

* A potty book we have been reading starts off with the line, "When you get that funny feeling..." So now, instead of Evan running to me saying, "Momma, shi shi! Momma, shi shi!" He comes up and says, "I have that funny feeling..." It's too funny. At other times I ask him if he has to go, and he says, "No, I don't have that funny feeling..."

* "That's the good deal." This is Evan's favorite new phrase. Some examples of this funny little phrase in action:

- "Evan get juice box after I take a nap. That's the good deal."

- "I'll go put these colors away and get a new color for Momma and a new color for Evan. That's the good deal!"

- (Normal bath time routine - Momma showers by herself while Poppa bathes Evan.) "Momma bathe Evan and Poppa bathe in Poppa's shower. That's the good deal."

* As we were running errands today, Evan started talking about how hungry he was. I told him we had one more quick stop and then we would head home to eat lunch. He responded with, "Momma pick up lunch for Evan. Evan want it soooo badly!" I asked, "What do you want soooo badly?" He quickly replied, "McDonalds! Or Jack in the Box!" What a goof! This one really does have ALL the answers!

* "That would be CRAZY!" This is slowly becoming his favorite phrase.

- "I going shi shi in my BVDs... that would be crazy!"

- "I going feed the ducks... at Target! That would be crazy!"

- "I drink all my water and then get more. That would be crazy!"

* "I just pretending."

- Evan was being grouchy tonight so we had a talk about his grouchiness. His response: "I just pretending."

- Evan pulled a diaper wipe out and started wiping himself. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I pooped and I'm cleaning my butthole... I just pretending."

No comments: