Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29 Evanisms

* Tonight I got out the Little Bissell to clean up a Poki hairball. Evan wanted to watch so he started climbing up onto our bed (he feels safe there when the vacuum is on.) I asked if he needed to go potty before we started. He said, "No, I don't have to go shi shi. When I have to go, I'll say, 'Momma, stop vacuuming. I need to go shi shi.'"

* There are baby dolls, blankets and cribs at Monday school which Evan has taken to recently, probably with Lil' Babe in mind. Tonight he flipped over his step stool and asked me to wrap up his monkey friend in a blanket. I swaddled the monkey and Evan carried it around very lovingly. I showed him how to burp the monkey. After story time, Evan placed the swaddled monkey into the upside down stool. It was too precious.

* Evan saw our Halloween costumes from last year hanging in our closets. I asked him what he was going to be this Halloween. He said he wanted to be Mario (from the Nintendo games.) So then I asked what Lil' Babe will be - maybe Toad. He asked what Toad was. I showed him a picture of Toad and told him it was a mushroom. Now, when I ask Evan what we're going to name Lil' Babe, he says, "Mushroom". He does occasionally bring up "Girl" from time to time as well.

No comments: