Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Special Treat

Last night I had a vivid dream about getting ice cream at a Coldstone-esque type of place. So of course, I woke up wanting it! After a two week sick-out from the gym, we went back yesterday and I am feeling that lovely stiff feeling in my arms - I really do love that feeling, not being sarcastic here for once. So I figure I can treat myself and Evan to some ice cream.

I mentioned to Evan that we would get a special treat after his nap. Hey, whatever it takes to get him to nap! Most days he's fine going down on his own, but other days it takes a little nudge in the right direction. I think once I promised him a juice box, fruit chews, Backyardigans on tv AND popcorn, just for taking his nap. :)

So Evan started asking me "What kind of special treat". And it was really funny to hear all the things that he listed: maybe chocolate... maybe a granola bar! And then he tried to play a guessing game with me that I totally got a kick out of. "Does it have napkins?" Yup, it's got napkins. "Hmmm, so a special treat with napkins..." Too funny.

No comments: