Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 30 Evanisms

This boy is on a roll with his Evanisms.

* As we were getting ready for nap time, we talked about all the things we did this morning. I told him he needs to rest his body and maybe we'll get a treat after nap time. Side note - yesterday Evan skipped his nap! This is very rare, but without a nap, he turns grouchy/sensitive at dinner time and then has a restless night of sleep, which makes it NO FUN for me! Other side note - I've used this "treat" trick before and I guess Evan is catching on to my ways. So I asked him what he thinks the treat will be. He said, "Not ice cream..." Well, actually yeah, it was going to be ice cream. This stinker! Baskin Robbins has a special tonight starting at 5:00 where you get 31 cent ice cream scoops! Yum! So far, all is quiet in Evan's room, so I guess we'll be getting ice cream! (I'm eating a lot of ice cream and milkshakes this pregnancy. Honestly, I was downing the milkshakes while pregnant with Evan, too. I wouldn't really say that it's the pregnancy that causes this... I think I'm just indulging myself more than when I'm not pregnant. But whatever works. Evan turned out to be quite a sweetie - and he's got quite a sweet tooth too.)

* As I was leaving Evan's room after tucking him in, he asked if he could nap in my bed. I said, "No, this is Evan's room, where Evan sleeps." He replied, "Momma, what your problem?!" I was floored. I couldn't believe those words came out of my sweet little boy's mouth. My jaw dropped and I left the room. He thought it was quite funny.

* The other phrase that Pops is trying to ingrain in Evan is "Cool your jets, Momma." For times when I overreact to things. Evan has only recited this line once without Pops' prompting. Pops was quite tickled. Momma was not amused.

* When Evan is being "naughty" he says "Go away." When he was a little younger he would use this phrase when he was tired, sick, crabby, or grouchy. Now he knows when he's being naughty and taunts us with it. When Uncle Stu says, "Helloooooooo" to Evan, Evan's response was almost always "Go away." Then Uncle would tell him he was being naughty. Evan would reply, "I'm not naughty, I'm nice." (Yes, this kid's got all the answers.) So just a month later, Evan's understanding of naughty and nice has grown tremendously. In response to Uncle's hello, if Evan's naughty, he will say "Go away." If he's nice, he will say, "Hiiiiiiiiiii." When Uncle came home from work, he said hello to Evan. Evan looked at me and then said, "Hiiiiiiiiiii." Then he cracked up and said, "I almost said 'Go away'."

No comments: