Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sneaky Pete

Pops and I came up with a little saying: "Sneaky Pete." It doesn't mean much more than when we do something a little sneaky. Evan, of course, picked up on this. When he sneaks food off our plate, he giggles and says, "sneaky Pete!"

Last night I called Evan out on being a sneaky Pete. Before Pops came home from work, we ate some jello. After dinner (which is too close to bedtime for a sugar fix) Evan snuck into the fridge and brought out the jello. I told him, "No, Evan. You already had two pieces of jello. You may have some tomorrow." Evan continues to bring out the bag and tells me, "I'm getting one for Poppa." Thoughtful little dude, right? So he hands one to Poppa and then he sticks his hand back in the bag and WHISPERS "And one for Evan!" I looked at him and yelled, "Sneaky Pete!" We started cracking up and he dropped the jello back in the bag. We put it away and wouldn't you know it - he woke up this morning and asked for his jello.

No comments: