Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Name Game

We are having a very difficult time deciding on a name for Lil' Babe. I have one name in mind that will flow nicely with our last name. However, it's one of those names that I've liked for a while - the kind where if I ever had a daughter, I'd name her ______. When we were pregnant with Evan, Pops and I would have lazy weekends lounging on the deck in the summer sun and go through the top 100 boy names together and systematically agree or disagree. So this girl name decision is very one-sided. I've gone through 5 or 6 name books to give us more ideas, but all other names have been shot down. The other "downside" is that my pick starts with an E. So does my name and Evan's. Pops would sing to the tune of Farmer in the Dell "The cheese stands alone", "The 'T' stands alone." It was never our/my plan to have all E names, but it may just turn out that way. Poor Pops.

We will also be giving her three middle names like Evan has (Hawaiian, Japanese and Chinese names). So even when we pick out her first name, our work will not be over yet. Tick-tock, Pops! :)

No comments: