Monday, April 28, 2008

Evan MD

Evan enjoys pretending to be both a doctor and a patient. To get "fixed up" we need to lie on the couch and he will ask what hurts. Then he will examine you and make you all better. It's really cute. He fixes knees, feet, bellies, elbows and does some dental work as well. Then we get to be the doctor and fix Evan up, too.

The other day I found Pops lying on the couch and Evan was leaning over him. He was giving Pops an ultrasound to see Lil' Babe. It was hilarious. He even got a toy and pretended to squirt the lotion-gel on Pops's belly. Today Evan did this with me. Except this time we were just listening for Lil' Babe's heartbeat (which we do at every check up with Dr. Haines.) He squirted the lotion on my belly and then placed a toy on top to listen. Then he said, "whump whump whump whump" which is what her heartbeat really sounds like.

Evan also understands that ambulances take people to the hospital. He has a fire engine ride-on that he pretends is an ambulance. He told Pops, "I'm going to drive you to the hospital in my ambulance..." He climbed onto the "ambulance" and then stopped abruptly. Then he mumbled to himself, "First I'm gonna go eat some popcorn. Then I'll drive you to the hospital." I love his priorities!

No comments: