Monday, June 23, 2008

Contractions - Oh My!

I think it's interesting that some things that happen, you just have a 6th sense about... an intuition... something that a Mom just knows. And then there are other things that you would think you'd know, but you don't. Kinda confusing, I know. My example: contractions.

When I was pregnant with Evan, I thought I would feel him rolling around inside of me. After talking with the doctor, I learned that it was not Evan, but Braxton Hicks contractions. Ha! We had many of those. I still remember how the top of my uterus would get super hard. So weird - although I think
Pops thinks it's weirder to see my belly move when the little one inside starts squirming. Total alien baby.

So this time around, I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions again. Been there, done that. Know exactly what's going on. It's not Lil' Babe rolling around. Then I started getting a different feeling. Lower and crampy. Hmm... So I asked the doctor about those feelings. He said those are real contractions and not to worry, my body is practicing, as it should. The thing is, I don't remember these at all from Evan's pregnancy. And believe me, this feeling is not one I'd soon forget. So anyways, I just thought it's funny (not funny ha ha, but funny weird) that you would think I'd instinctively know I'm having a contraction, but was totally clueless with both pregnancies.

I've been having the real contractions about once every other day. Not much going on there. Then, last night I probably had 5 in an hour. That was kinda weird. It went away, thank goodness. But these contractions... all I can say is, "Oh my!"

No comments: